Monday, November 22, 2010

Slippery When Driven Unsafely


From Kimberly:
Waiting in the rain for the bus, I was ecstatic when it actually came on time.

I was taking the L2 north to Chevy Chase Circle and got on at 20th & L Streets around 3:30 pm.

I got on the bus and said hello to driver, as I normally do. I was met with a blank stare.

OoooooK.

I got two steps past the driver, and he peeled off, racing down the street.

Because of the rain, the center aisle was wet. And because it was wet and the driver jerked out and race away, I lost my footing.

It was a comical fall. My feet flew out, and I landed on my back and on my laptop. The loud THUNK I made shocked the other riders.

So embarrassing.

As another rider helped me up, the bus driver just continued his pace and didn't even look back.

Look, I know these things happen, and I'm not the type to complain because of falling because it's wet.

However, the bus driver definitely should have asked me if I was alright.

I hate that bus drivers race off like that, especially when the bus floors are wet.

I see how they wait for the elderly - can't they wait for others as well?

Metro really brings out the worst in people, and I found myself I hoping that one day that bus driver falls and the person responsible doesn't even flinch. Ugh.

I'm going to go ice my back now. Thanks Metro!
Other items:
Metro preps for Thanksgiving (AP via TBD)
 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a
Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial 3.0 Unported License.
Site Meter